Monday, April 2, 2012

My Rings In Ring A Day Book

Many of you remember RAD, Ring A Day challenge on Flickr. It was an unforgettable experience not just for the participants but for observers as well. Thanks to Marthe Le Van and Lark Crafts, photos of 700 photos of rings from this challenge, together with artists' impressions, was published in a book. Three of my rings are in it.
I am a slow informer :) The book was published and sent to participants some months ago, but my address changed so I missed getting the book. Thanks to Evelyn Markasky I eventually got my copy, and the feeling flooded me all over again. I know now, whenever I feel down creatively or stuck with motivation I will glance at this publication and remember that special year and all the beautiful people in it.

I will cite my own impression from the book.:

"Ring A Day has been one overwhelming, uplifting, transformational, and enjoyable creative ride. It has taught me to step out of my own shell, one fearfull of free expression. It has taught me to believe in myself and to have enough confidence to start an expedition into the unknown of my creative capabilities.... made me look at obvious, everyday things in new ways. It forced me to move beyond my creative barriers and grow on many different levels. The project isn't just about making rings - it's about redefining how we perceive our surroundings and the world we live in."

Here is the cover and the pages with my three rings: Simply Jeans ring, Tied In A Knot ring and Sprouting ring.







1 comment:

  1. Hej, pa to je odlično! Vjerujem kako odličan osjećaj mora biti uzeti u ruku ovako nešto. Zaista fenomenalna uspomena na vaš 365 dana dug put u istraživanje i stvaranje.
    Pozz:))

    ReplyDelete